Jack and Amelia retain top places in list of most popular baby names in Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Jack and Amelia are the most popular names for babies born in Cambridgeshire in 2014.
The top five boys names for 2014 in Cambridgeshire are Jack, William, Oliver, Thomas/Oscar and Henry whilst for the girls it is Amelia, Emily, Olivia, Isla and Florence.
It is the second year in succession that Jack and Amelia have been top of the list.
Digby, Arlo and Caspian featured in the more unusual names list for boys, whilst Pippie, Bronte and Sage made the unusual girls list.
The full list has been compiled by Cambridgeshire County Council’s registration service.
The service deals with around 8,100 birth registrations a year and makes it easier for parents to make appointments to register the birth of their child with an online appointments facility.
Cambridgeshire Registration Service also hosts naming ceremonies for families wishing to celebrate their new arrival in the form of a personalised ceremony.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
More information on naming ceremonies, along with the link to make an appointment to register a birth, can be found on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk