Jack and Amelia retain top places in list of most popular baby names in Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Jack and Amelia are the most popular names for babies born in Cambridgeshire in 2014.
The top five boys names for 2014 in Cambridgeshire are Jack, William, Oliver, Thomas/Oscar and Henry whilst for the girls it is Amelia, Emily, Olivia, Isla and Florence.
It is the second year in succession that Jack and Amelia have been top of the list.
Digby, Arlo and Caspian featured in the more unusual names list for boys, whilst Pippie, Bronte and Sage made the unusual girls list.
The full list has been compiled by Cambridgeshire County Council’s registration service.
The service deals with around 8,100 birth registrations a year and makes it easier for parents to make appointments to register the birth of their child with an online appointments facility.
Cambridgeshire Registration Service also hosts naming ceremonies for families wishing to celebrate their new arrival in the form of a personalised ceremony.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
More information on naming ceremonies, along with the link to make an appointment to register a birth, can be found on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk