Jack and Amelia retain top places in list of most popular baby names in Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Jack and Amelia are the most popular names for babies born in Cambridgeshire in 2014.
The top five boys names for 2014 in Cambridgeshire are Jack, William, Oliver, Thomas/Oscar and Henry whilst for the girls it is Amelia, Emily, Olivia, Isla and Florence.
It is the second year in succession that Jack and Amelia have been top of the list.
Digby, Arlo and Caspian featured in the more unusual names list for boys, whilst Pippie, Bronte and Sage made the unusual girls list.
The full list has been compiled by Cambridgeshire County Council’s registration service.
You may also want to watch:
The service deals with around 8,100 birth registrations a year and makes it easier for parents to make appointments to register the birth of their child with an online appointments facility.
Cambridgeshire Registration Service also hosts naming ceremonies for families wishing to celebrate their new arrival in the form of a personalised ceremony.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
More information on naming ceremonies, along with the link to make an appointment to register a birth, can be found on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk