Jacen Bruce returns with an album double header
- Credit: Archant
Fordham’s king of rockabilly Jason Bruce is preparing to release two new albums.
Bruce, 48, has been performing for 20 years and is a regular feature in pubs and village halls around East Cambridgeshire with his unique brand of rock and blues.
He also busks on market days in Ely and is often joined by his wife Alison and daughter Lana.
Bruce has been busy in the studio in recent months and is about to release two new albums, Honey in Honolulu and I Can’t Stand Still.
He said: “People of all ages seem to love rockabilly, it never ceases to amaze me. Young people seem to love it and get involved in the music and the style, which is great.”
The new albums are available to download on iTunes, can be purchased from Bruce or are available via his website, http://www.jacenbruce.com/
Bruce will be performing on May 1 at the Brook, in Soham, as part of a festival of music, featuring the Memphis Two, Jacen and the Rocknauts, and Main Street – with an appearance from members of Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
For more information, and tickets, call 01353 721748.