It's Only A Bit Of Speed"" Man Told Police After Search Of Flat
A QUANTITY of amphetamine was discovered when police searched Patrick Heatwole s Littleport flat, magistrates were told. When the white powder was found in the kitchen, 19-year-old Heatwole admitted to police: It is only a bit of speed. At Ely courthous
A QUANTITY of amphetamine was discovered when police searched Patrick Heatwole's Littleport flat, magistrates were told.
When the white powder was found in the kitchen, 19-year-old Heatwole admitted to police: "It is only a bit of speed."
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, unemployed Heatwole admitted possessing 0.4 grams of the class B drug on May 8.
"This was small quantity of a class B drug," said Guy Holland, mitigating. "He has limited previous convictions, and nothing for a similar offence. He last worked in a factory at Littleport, about a year ago."
Magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drug, and fined Heatwole �50 with �60 costs, and he must pay a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?