It’s hair today gone tomorrow for brave fund-raiser Michelle
LITTLEPORT fund-raiser Michelle Palmer has come up with a hair-raising stunt for charity to support her younger brother. Michelle, 28, is taking the brave step of having her head shaved as her brother Darren Bryant prepares to undergo six months of radiot
LITTLEPORT fund-raiser Michelle Palmer has come up with a hair-raising stunt for charity to support her younger brother.
Michelle, 28, is taking the brave step of having her head shaved as her brother Darren Bryant prepares to undergo six months of radiotherapy.
Darren, 26, has just been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma - a form of cancer which attacks the lymph glands.
His condition went undiagnosed for two years as doctors dismissed a lump in his armpit as a harmless cyst.
You may also want to watch:
Now the lump is six centimetres in diameter and he has developed four more in other parts of his body.
Michelle, of The Crescent, will have her head shaved at Littleport's Guys and Dolls hairdressers at 10am on Wednesday, March 15 to raise money for the Cancer Research Campaign.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
She said: "I wanted to support my brother. He is going to lose his hair with the treatment he is facing. He has no choice."
INFO: Anyone who would like to sponsor Michelle is asked to contact her on 01353 863123.