It’s Gaul coming back
FRENCH traders return to Ely on June 2 and 3, bringing cheeses, baguettes and sausages – among other treats – to the Market Place. The team from Marche de France, in Normandy, will be setting up more than 16 stalls selling food, drink, crafts and other go
FRENCH traders return to Ely on June 2 and 3, bringing cheeses, baguettes and sausages - among other treats - to the Market Place.
The team from Marche de France, in Normandy, will be setting up more than 16 stalls selling food, drink, crafts and other goods.
Tracey Harding, tourism team leader for East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "You will be able to treat yourself to home-made French pastries or delicious ripe brie and olives, or simply soak up the atmosphere and imagine you are in France.
"The French Market was a huge success last year and has something for everyone, so come along and see what is available.
You may also want to watch:
"You'll find new stalls with lovely craft and delicious food and, on Sunday, there will be the flair and excitement of circus street entertainment.
"It is going to be a really fun packed family weekend with a hint of French extravagance."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
The market will be staged along the High Street on the Saturday and on the Market Place the following day.
The event is scheduled to start at 9am and finish by 5pm each day.