It’s Gaul coming back
FRENCH traders return to Ely on June 2 and 3, bringing cheeses, baguettes and sausages – among other treats – to the Market Place. The team from Marche de France, in Normandy, will be setting up more than 16 stalls selling food, drink, crafts and other go
FRENCH traders return to Ely on June 2 and 3, bringing cheeses, baguettes and sausages - among other treats - to the Market Place.
The team from Marche de France, in Normandy, will be setting up more than 16 stalls selling food, drink, crafts and other goods.
Tracey Harding, tourism team leader for East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "You will be able to treat yourself to home-made French pastries or delicious ripe brie and olives, or simply soak up the atmosphere and imagine you are in France.
"The French Market was a huge success last year and has something for everyone, so come along and see what is available.
"You'll find new stalls with lovely craft and delicious food and, on Sunday, there will be the flair and excitement of circus street entertainment.
"It is going to be a really fun packed family weekend with a hint of French extravagance."
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
The market will be staged along the High Street on the Saturday and on the Market Place the following day.
The event is scheduled to start at 9am and finish by 5pm each day.