It’s behind you! Ely set to have its first professional pantomime next year.
PLANS for Ely to have its first professional pantomime next year were announced last night, at the opening performance of Dick Whittington and his Cat in Soham.
KD Productions - who have been wowing capacity audiences in Soham for eight years - have decided to take on the organisation of a fully professional show and will stage Jack and the Beanstalk at the Maltings in December next year.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “We are so excited about producing Ely’s first professional pantomime; we’ve been planning it for the last six months so it’s really exciting to finally be able to announce it.
“We are thrilled that we will be working closely with The Maltings to produce a pantomime of high quality in this area.”
The pantomime will be performed from Boxing Day, December 26 2013, through to January 11 2014.
KD Productions is run by Daniel and Katherine Hickmott, who grew up in the area will continue to work with the local community to produce a family, festive treat accessible to all in the area.
Daniel added: “The pantomime will be officially launched to the press and public in June 2013 at The Maltings, with tickets going on sale from June 1. There will also be opportunity for young children from the primary schools aged between six and 13 to audition for the panto babes, which will join the professional cast on stage over the three week run.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
For more information on the pantomime or to keep up to date then visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or email email@example.com.