It’s behind you! Ely set to have its first professional pantomime next year.
PLANS for Ely to have its first professional pantomime next year were announced last night, at the opening performance of Dick Whittington and his Cat in Soham.
KD Productions - who have been wowing capacity audiences in Soham for eight years - have decided to take on the organisation of a fully professional show and will stage Jack and the Beanstalk at the Maltings in December next year.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “We are so excited about producing Ely’s first professional pantomime; we’ve been planning it for the last six months so it’s really exciting to finally be able to announce it.
“We are thrilled that we will be working closely with The Maltings to produce a pantomime of high quality in this area.”
The pantomime will be performed from Boxing Day, December 26 2013, through to January 11 2014.
You may also want to watch:
KD Productions is run by Daniel and Katherine Hickmott, who grew up in the area will continue to work with the local community to produce a family, festive treat accessible to all in the area.
Daniel added: “The pantomime will be officially launched to the press and public in June 2013 at The Maltings, with tickets going on sale from June 1. There will also be opportunity for young children from the primary schools aged between six and 13 to audition for the panto babes, which will join the professional cast on stage over the three week run.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 8 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
For more information on the pantomime or to keep up to date then visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or email email@example.com.