It’s behind you! Ely set to have its first professional pantomime next year.
PLANS for Ely to have its first professional pantomime next year were announced last night, at the opening performance of Dick Whittington and his Cat in Soham.
KD Productions - who have been wowing capacity audiences in Soham for eight years - have decided to take on the organisation of a fully professional show and will stage Jack and the Beanstalk at the Maltings in December next year.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “We are so excited about producing Ely’s first professional pantomime; we’ve been planning it for the last six months so it’s really exciting to finally be able to announce it.
“We are thrilled that we will be working closely with The Maltings to produce a pantomime of high quality in this area.”
The pantomime will be performed from Boxing Day, December 26 2013, through to January 11 2014.
KD Productions is run by Daniel and Katherine Hickmott, who grew up in the area will continue to work with the local community to produce a family, festive treat accessible to all in the area.
Daniel added: “The pantomime will be officially launched to the press and public in June 2013 at The Maltings, with tickets going on sale from June 1. There will also be opportunity for young children from the primary schools aged between six and 13 to audition for the panto babes, which will join the professional cast on stage over the three week run.”
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
For more information on the pantomime or to keep up to date then visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or email email@example.com.