It’s a time for giving: Nick teams up with Halfords to donate four bikes to disadvantaged children in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A businessman from Ely has got in the festive spirit by buying and donating four bikes to a local radio station’s Christmas toy appeal.
Nick Flack, owner N and C Glass on the Lancaster Way Business Park, has teamed up with the Newmarket branch of Halfords to donate four child’s bikes to Star Radio’s annual Christmas toy appeal.
The appeal aims to donate as many toys as possible to sick, disabled or disadvantaged children in Cambridgeshire, and Nick was happy to play his part.
“Christmas is all about giving,” he said.
“I’m a great believer in giving back and I wanted to give something back to the community that helped build by business.
You may also want to watch:
“We donated bikes last year and I thought it would be good to do it again this year so myself and Halfords agreed to go halves on the bikes.
“I just thought ‘isn’t it lovely people are going into their pockets at such a level in the area.’”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools