‘It’s a lovely thing to come and look at’: Ely Art Society members proudly present their creations at annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely Art Society have been showcasing their finest creations at their annual exhibition.
The free exhibition, which has been at the Hayward Theatre in Ely since Monday, runs until Sunday August 21 and features the work of the club’s members who meet every month.
Group member Jo Scarff said: “It’s such a lovely thing to come and look at – a lot of the pieces on show are of a very high standard.
“There are many works for sale all at very reasonable prices.
“On show are paintings, prints, sculptures and greetings cards by both professional and amateur artists.
You may also want to watch:
“The exhibition is stewarded by society members who are very welcoming and are happy to chat.”
Ely Art Society meetings are held in the Methodist Meeting Rooms, Ely. All meetings start at 7.30pm and close at 9.30pm. Guests and visitors are welcome.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
For more information, visit www.elyartsociety.com.