‘It’s a lovely thing to come and look at’: Ely Art Society members proudly present their creations at annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely Art Society have been showcasing their finest creations at their annual exhibition.
The free exhibition, which has been at the Hayward Theatre in Ely since Monday, runs until Sunday August 21 and features the work of the club’s members who meet every month.
Group member Jo Scarff said: “It’s such a lovely thing to come and look at – a lot of the pieces on show are of a very high standard.
“There are many works for sale all at very reasonable prices.
“On show are paintings, prints, sculptures and greetings cards by both professional and amateur artists.
“The exhibition is stewarded by society members who are very welcoming and are happy to chat.”
Ely Art Society meetings are held in the Methodist Meeting Rooms, Ely. All meetings start at 7.30pm and close at 9.30pm. Guests and visitors are welcome.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
For more information, visit www.elyartsociety.com.