Isleham photographer Kyle to take part in charity skydive to say ‘thank’ you to The Christie that supported his best friend
- Credit: Archant
A photographer from Isleham is to swap snapping pictures for leaping out of a plane – all in the name of charity.
Kyle Allgood is raising money The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, based near Manchester, after it supported his best friend, Josh Woor, after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer last year.
Josh is still fighting fit since his diagnosis, and he, his father, Colin, and friend Kyle have all vowed to repay The Christie for their support by taking part in a skydive on April 8.
“I’ve know Josh all my life, and this is my way of giving back,” Kyle said.
“I’ve never done anything like a skydive in my life so I’m a bit nervous but it’s all for a good cause.”
And Kyle is hoping that his photography skills will help raise more money. He is hosting a prize draw, with all those who donate to his Just Giving page receiving a ticket for a draw for a print of one of his photos.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got around 9,000 followers on my photography Instagram account so I thought it would be a good way to involve that,” Kyle said.
“Every £5 donation will receive one entry, and the draw will be at the end of April.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Kyle has currently raised £345, while Josh and Colin have raised £945 and £1,300 respectively.
“Kyle hasn’t raised as much yet so we want to help him as much as we can,” said Colin.
“Josh and Kyle have been good friends for years and Kyle has been a massive support to the family over the years.
“We can up the with idea of a skydive just looking through Facebook. We saw things like 10km runs but then Josh saw a skydive and instantly said ‘I want to do that!”