Isleham Man Who Died In Crash On A14 Is Named
A MAN who died in a collision involving four vehicles on the A14 at Milton on Thursday morning has been named as Simon Bendall. Mr Bendall, aged 53, was driving a Vauxhall Astra car and was from Robins Close in Isleham. His car was in a collision with a
A MAN who died in a collision involving four vehicles on the A14 at Milton on Thursday morning has been named as Simon Bendall.
Mr Bendall, aged 53, was driving a Vauxhall Astra car and was from Robins Close in Isleham.
His car was in a collision with a white articulated lorry, driven by a 43-year-old man, a silver Renault Clio, driven by a 31-year-old man, and a black Mercedes, driven by a 39-year-old man. The accident happened on the A14 at Milton around 8.45am on Thursday. Police closed both carriageways of the road between junctions 34 and 36 and set up diversions in the area, which lasted for several hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash and anyone who has any information is asked to contact Insp Alan Page on 0345 4564564.
You may also want to watch:
"We know there would have been a lot of people travelling along this stretch of road during the rush-hour at this time of the morning and who may have witnessed what happened but not stopped or called. We would ask those people to call us to help with our investigation.
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 5 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 8 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 9 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch