Fund raising campaign launched to replace £5,000 of equipment stolen from a horse rescue in Isleham
- Credit: Archant
A fund raising campaign has been launched to help a small horse sanctuary replace stolen tack and other items worth more than £5,000.
The burglary means volunteer helpers who loan the animals are unable to ride the horses until the equipment is replaced.
The Isleham Horse and Pony Rescue Centre was broken into in the middle of the night and thieves made off with saddles, bridles, batteries and a high value generator.
Wendy Davies, who opened the rescue more than 20 years ago, said: “Sadly some of the items stolen belonged to horses that are no longer with us including head-collars so hold sentimental value and can never be replaced.
“Amongst those taken were a collegiate brown 17.5” interchangeable gullet saddle, a black 16.5” wintec, a pony club thoroughgood saddle and all in pretty good condition.
You may also want to watch:
“If you see anything like this for sale please make contact with the rescue centre on firstname.lastname@example.org.”
One of the supporters of the rescue has set up a Go Fund Me page to help replace tack and other items.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
She said: “My name is Hannah and I am trying to raise funds. This horse and pony rescue offers a home for life to abandoned horses and ponies as well as other fury and feathered friends.
“They rely on volunteers and donations to run the stables. I personally have loaned a horse here for just about a year and so have many others. “Without all of the tack loaners are not able to ride and so me and all of the volunteers / loaners are pleading for people to help. Anything at all would be great so we can replace anything that was stolen from this great yard.”
“I just don’t understand how people can be so cruel and steal from a animal rescue.”
No animals were hurt during the burglary which took place some time over night on Saturday June 30 and Sunday July 1.
• To donate follow the link Please use the link