Isle Singers entertain residents at The Firs in Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
The Isle Singers entertained residents of The Firs residential home in Little Downham on Thursday (March 22).
The programme included popular songs including ‘Moon River’, ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ from the musical ‘Carousel’, ‘Pack up Your Troubles in your old Kit Bag’ and ‘It’s a Long Way to Tipperary’.
The small group of lady singers were accompanied by Peter Kirby.
Rosemary Westwell, of the group, said: “It is no secret that a choir member has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and as long as she enjoys the rehearsal and concerts, the choir will continue to entertain.
“Plans are afoot for the choir to assist at the inauguration concert in Aria Court residential home in March on May 1.”
You may also want to watch:
“The Aria Court choir is made up of patients and carers from the home and although Rosemary’s husband is a resident there, he can no longer speak or sing.
Rosemary hopes that he will be able to enjoy the concert even if he is unable to participate.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org