Isle Singers choir light up patients’ faces with Aria Court Care Home visit
- Credit: Archant
The ‘Isle Singers’, a small choir of ladies, sang to the patients in Aria Court Care Home in March on Thursday.
Rosemary Westwell, choir leader, said: “It was wonderful to see the faces of the patients and their visitors light up.
“This little concert was even more special for me because my husband has been in this care home for over 10 years and sometimes it is very difficult to communicate with him.
“When we sang to him on Thursday he was obviously quite overcome with positive emotion and he and I were able to rekindle the bond that has been with us since we married.”
The choir then visited patients in their rooms and sang songs at their bedside.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has been singing for over 40 years. For more information or choir visits contact email@example.com
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'