Isle Singers carol concert raises money towards church improvements
- Credit: Archant
Money was raised towards providing a toilet at a village church during a carol concert.
Accompanied by Peter Kirby on keyboard, the Isle Singers sang a number of carols at St Andrew’s Hall in Witchford on Tuesday December 4, some of the carols offering an opportunity for the audience to participate.
In between the items, Alex Lee from Witchford Village College, Christine Day from Witchford Women’s Institute, Rosemary Westwell and Roger Rix entertained the audience with readings.
At interval, tea and mince pies were served by Shirley Massey, Sue Crowe, Sara Gilbert and Virginia Divall.
The winner of the £100 prize for December in the 200 club draw for the Friends of St Andrew’s Church Witchford was Tony Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
To join the 200 club, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The amount raised was £52 which will go towards St Andrew’s Church Extension Fund to provide a toilet and coffee making facilities in the church.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph