Spuds up: Potato open day brings 100 people to Ely
- Credit: AUSTEN DACK
More than 100 friers and trade suppliers travelled to Ely for the chip shop industry's first event since the start of the pandemic.
The eighth annual Isle of Ely Produce & Chippy Chat open day was put on by John, Oliver and Claire Boutwood and hosted by Chippy Chat.
Among the guest speakers were Mark Petrou from Petrou Brothers, Alex Moore from Agrico and John Molnar from the Cod’s Scallops.
This year's featured farmer, once again, was Pete Legge of Legge Farms.
He took the owners to his farm giving them a commentary as they saw the potato growing process first hand.
Next year’s event is scheduled for September 11.
You may also want to watch:
Austen Dack, of Chippy Chat, said: "Other highlights included tasting the new Pukka Pie brand, tastings from Agrico (babylon), and the legendary cake selection all free to attendees.
"In the evening over 40 people dined and drank into the night in Ely.".
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash