Isle of Ely Produce-backed fish and chip shop scoops top award at National Fish and Chip Awards
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Produce has once again crowned a fish and chip shop for its knowledge in the use of the region’s potato crop.
Krispies Fish and Chips, from Exmouth, scooped the ‘From Field to Frier’ award, backed by Littleport firm Isle of Ely Produce at this year’s National Fish and Chip Awards - known as the Oscars of the fish and chip industry.
The award, which celebrates businesses which show ‘excellent potato knowledge’ and responsible sourcing methods, was presented by Isle of Ely Produce head of PR Austen Dack and hosted by television and Radio celebrity Nigel Barden.
Oliver Boutwood, director at Isle of Ely Produce, said: “This award, which is now in its fifth year, has really grasped the attention and imagination of both farmers and friers alike and it has become a part of our intrinsic values here at Isle of Ely.
“Krispies Fish & Chips has to be commended for their dedication and passion. Their commitment to responsible sourcing and maintaining industry standards are second to none, well done to them.”
Isle of Ely Produce is one of the UK’s largest potato suppliers, acting on behalf of farmers and wholesalers.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash