Isle of Ely Produce-backed fish and chip shop scoops top award at National Fish and Chip Awards
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Produce has once again crowned a fish and chip shop for its knowledge in the use of the region’s potato crop.
Krispies Fish and Chips, from Exmouth, scooped the ‘From Field to Frier’ award, backed by Littleport firm Isle of Ely Produce at this year’s National Fish and Chip Awards - known as the Oscars of the fish and chip industry.
The award, which celebrates businesses which show ‘excellent potato knowledge’ and responsible sourcing methods, was presented by Isle of Ely Produce head of PR Austen Dack and hosted by television and Radio celebrity Nigel Barden.
Oliver Boutwood, director at Isle of Ely Produce, said: “This award, which is now in its fifth year, has really grasped the attention and imagination of both farmers and friers alike and it has become a part of our intrinsic values here at Isle of Ely.
“Krispies Fish & Chips has to be commended for their dedication and passion. Their commitment to responsible sourcing and maintaining industry standards are second to none, well done to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Isle of Ely Produce is one of the UK’s largest potato suppliers, acting on behalf of farmers and wholesalers.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on