Isle of Ely Philatelic Society
CAPTAIN James Cook was the subject of an astounding display and talk at the March meeting. James Cook s life story was told verbally and pictorially. Details of Cook s three voyages were recounted using his ships logs to narrate the details authentically
CAPTAIN James Cook was the subject of an astounding display and talk at the March meeting. James Cook's life story was told verbally and pictorially. Details of Cook's three voyages were recounted using his ships' logs to narrate the details authentically.
Maps, stamps, photographs and postcards were used to illustrate the places, people flora and fauna that Captain Cook saw on his travels.
The April meeting will be on Thursday (April 12) and will be on Cambridge postal history.
INFO: Visitors are very welcome to attend our small, friendly meetings.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings start at 7.30pm in the library at City of Ely Community College, Downham Road, Ely. Telephone Chris on 01354 652092 for further details.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor