Isle of Ely Arts Festival short story competition winners announced
- Credit: Archant
The results of the 2016 Isle of Ely Arts Festival short story competition have been announced.
Wendy Rolph came first with ‘Shopping List’, Valerie Stirling second with ‘Towie Girl’ and Dominic O’Sullivan third with ‘Sceptred Isle’.
Highly commended went to ‘Falling Star’ by Gordon Mackay, ‘The Guest of Summer’ by Lesley Woods, ‘By the pricking of my thumbs’ by Rose Evison, ‘Contrition’ by June Bird, ‘Cordelia’ by Tessa Hays, ‘Mediterranean tempest’ by Hayley Nelson and ‘Till Birnam Wood remove to Dunsinane’ by Fet Milner.
The judges were Brenda Mead, Jackie Tyler and Jordan Day.
The next Ely Writers’ Day takes place on October 15 in the room next to St Peter’s Church, Broad Street, Ely.
To enter the short story competition send an unpublished short story of 500 words on any topic to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 24. First prize is £50, second prize £25 and third prize £10.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team