Isle of Ely Arts Festival short story competition winners announced
- Credit: Archant
The results of the 2016 Isle of Ely Arts Festival short story competition have been announced.
Wendy Rolph came first with ‘Shopping List’, Valerie Stirling second with ‘Towie Girl’ and Dominic O’Sullivan third with ‘Sceptred Isle’.
Highly commended went to ‘Falling Star’ by Gordon Mackay, ‘The Guest of Summer’ by Lesley Woods, ‘By the pricking of my thumbs’ by Rose Evison, ‘Contrition’ by June Bird, ‘Cordelia’ by Tessa Hays, ‘Mediterranean tempest’ by Hayley Nelson and ‘Till Birnam Wood remove to Dunsinane’ by Fet Milner.
The judges were Brenda Mead, Jackie Tyler and Jordan Day.
The next Ely Writers’ Day takes place on October 15 in the room next to St Peter’s Church, Broad Street, Ely.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the short story competition send an unpublished short story of 500 words on any topic to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 24. First prize is £50, second prize £25 and third prize £10.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely