Is yours a winning firm - if so then now’s the time to enter the Ely Business Awards including the Commercial Business in the Community category
- Credit: Archant
JDR Cables are the proud sponsors of the Commercial Business in the Community category.
In the world’s harshest environments and ever-increasing water depths, JDR’s world-leading products and services bring power and control to offshore oil, gas and renewable energy systems.
JDR was formed in the early 1990s when two of the most respected names in the energy industry, Jacques Cable Systems (UK) and De Regt Special Cable (Holland) merged. As a result, JDR has in excess of 75 years combined experience in the sector.
As sector specialists, JDR designs, engineers and manufactures world-class subsea power cables, subsea production umbilicals (steel tube and thermoplastic) and intervention work over control systems (IWOCS) to suit the dynamics of each customer’s application.
Its products and offshore services are an essential element of the subsea infrastructure that enables energy to reach end-users in a cost-effective, safe and environmentally responsible way.
JDR’s technical expertise and in-depth industry knowledge enables it to respond to design challenges and new situations with pioneering solutions, while retaining its proven design and technical reliability.
The company works on some of the most complex technical projects and some of the world’s largest offshore installations – as well as some of the smallest. Whatever the project, JDR has the products, services and people to support it. Its global network of highly experienced, fully certified technicians enables JDR to deliver 24/7 installation and maintenance support as well as full engineering services worldwide.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
For more than 20 years, JDR has built its success on technical expertise and reliability. Every market JDR enters, every customer it serves, and every project it delivers benefits from the company’s dedication to technical quality, service and support.
Ian Mallett, of JDR Cable Systems Ltd said: “The Ely Business Awards celebrate local companies that are helping to build a stronger business community in Ely and beyond. We are proud to sponsor these prestigious awards, which are highly thought of among local businesses. Our aim is to highlight local talent in order for businesses to grow and be successful, just like we did from our roots in Littleport.”
For all the categories and the criteria for entry see the list below. Closing date is Monday July 3.