Burglar who tried to hammer his way into Willingham Co-op flees empty handed
- Credit: Archant
A burglar fleeing from an attempted break in at a village Co-op was caught on CCTV.
Police released photos of the suspect following his attempt to force entry to the Co-op in High Street, Willingham in the early hours.
A police spokesman said the suspect used a hammer in a bid to gain entry.
"Officers were called at about 2.55am today (December 20) to reports of a burglar alarm sounding from the shop in High Street, Willingham," he said.
"When officers arrived the man had already left after failing to get inside."
You may also want to watch:
DS Ashley Ryan said: "I am appealing for anyone who has information about this incident, potentially recognises the person from the clothing or witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area to contact us as a matter of urgency.
"It's also believed he may have left the scene in a dark coloured hatchback car."
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting 35/90687/19 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.