Is retailer Marks and Spencer set for Littleport move?
- Credit: Archant
A branch of Marks and Spencer could be opening in Littleport under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Plans have been revealed for a Simply Food outlet to be located at the BP garage, in Wisbech Road.
Businessman Jonathan James has applied for permission to install signs for Marks and Spencer on the premises, as well as for Wild Bean Café.
If agreed, it would be the second Simply Food outlet in East Cambridgeshire, following the retailer’s move into the BP service station in Witchford Road, Ely.
The move comes just months after Mr James won planning permission to extend the sales area of the BP garage.
The petrol station was granted planning permission in 2009 and Mr James applied last year to extend the forecourt sales building by three metres, to accommodate more stock.
Agents acting for Mr James told the council that the extension to the sales building was to house an increase in storage for products, to allow for the relocation of customer toilets and to replace refrigeration units.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
A decision on Mr James’ latest plans is expected within the next eight weeks.