Is retailer Marks and Spencer set for Littleport move?
- Credit: Archant
A branch of Marks and Spencer could be opening in Littleport under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Plans have been revealed for a Simply Food outlet to be located at the BP garage, in Wisbech Road.
Businessman Jonathan James has applied for permission to install signs for Marks and Spencer on the premises, as well as for Wild Bean Café.
If agreed, it would be the second Simply Food outlet in East Cambridgeshire, following the retailer’s move into the BP service station in Witchford Road, Ely.
The move comes just months after Mr James won planning permission to extend the sales area of the BP garage.
You may also want to watch:
The petrol station was granted planning permission in 2009 and Mr James applied last year to extend the forecourt sales building by three metres, to accommodate more stock.
Agents acting for Mr James told the council that the extension to the sales building was to house an increase in storage for products, to allow for the relocation of customer toilets and to replace refrigeration units.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
A decision on Mr James’ latest plans is expected within the next eight weeks.