Irish eyes are smiling - Daniel O’Donnell concert at Soham raises £25,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Popular Irish singer Daniel O’Donnell came to Soham for a full to bursting evening of popular songs that raised £25,000 for charity.
The show featured Daniel along with artists from across Ireland who gave the audience four hours of entertainment.
People travelled from across the country including the Isle of Wight and Liverpool to attend the packed event at the Ross Peers Sport Hall.
Winifred Day, who organised the event, provided her granddaughter Laura Day with a cheque for £25,000 to present to Daniel and his wife Majella for their chosen charities.
This is the fifth event organised by Mrs Day, which have each raised £25,000, making a grand total of £125,000 over the past five years.
You may also want to watch:
Singers at the event included his wife Majella Sean O’Farrell, Fergal Flaherty, John Staunton and Annette Griffin.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career