Investigation launched after cows stolen from farmer’s field
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole 15 cows from a farmer’s field in Stretham.
The Hereford and Limason-cross cattle were discovered missing on December 6 and are believed to have been worth about £15,000.
Police have launched an investigation and are appealing for information.
Detective Constable Peter Ware said: “This is an unusual crime for our area, however it has had a massive effect on the victim and their livelihood.
“We urge anyone with information to contact us. Additionally, if you are approached about buying cheap meat from a non-registered butcher, please contact the police or council. Meat of this nature may also carry health risks.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Ware on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues