Investigation launched after cows stolen from farmer’s field
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole 15 cows from a farmer’s field in Stretham.
The Hereford and Limason-cross cattle were discovered missing on December 6 and are believed to have been worth about £15,000.
Police have launched an investigation and are appealing for information.
Detective Constable Peter Ware said: “This is an unusual crime for our area, however it has had a massive effect on the victim and their livelihood.
“We urge anyone with information to contact us. Additionally, if you are approached about buying cheap meat from a non-registered butcher, please contact the police or council. Meat of this nature may also carry health risks.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Ware on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire