Intrepid Xander and Ted complete cycle ride for Magpas
- Credit: Archant
Xander Brown and Ted Coney were so disappointed that their fundraising cycle ride for Magpas was postponed that they decided to go ahead with their own ride.
The Ely Hereward Rotary Club had been due to host a cycle ride along the Ouse Washes on Sunday, but the event was cancelled due to uncertainty over flooding in the area.
So, Xander, six, his mum Michelle, Ted, 70, and friends Sylvia and Colin Morton successfully completed a 10-mile round trip from Ely to Littleport and back, with Ted using his 1940s bike which he rides every day around Ely.
The half-way stop was at the Littleport-Harley memorial, in Church Lane, where the Fenlanders Chapter of the Harley-Davidson Owners Group provided Xander with a surprise reception.
After a photo shoot with Xander trying out two real Harleys and the Harley Memorial, the five intrepid riders were accompanied out of the village by their very own Harley motorcade.
As a result of this impromptu ride, Xander and Ted raised more than £400 for Magpas.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Xander or Ted can do so via http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Xanderbrown
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021