Intrepid trio raise thousands for children’s charities
- Credit: Archant
An intrepid group of friends from Ely completed a cycle ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats last Thursday, raising thousands of pounds for charity.
Richard Marley, Mark Shirley and Michael Sheridan cycled the 1,000 miles between the two iconic locations in just 12 days – averaging about 85 miles a day.
Along the way they raised money for two charities; Blue Smile, in support of youth mental health, and Ormiston, in support of disadvantaged children.
In the run up to the event, Richard said: ““There is a lot of nervous anticipation to get the challenge going, it is a big thing. It will take up a lot of our time but it is just something that we feel we are ready for and that we all wanted to do.”
The trio’s feat helped raise a whopping £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
You can still donate online at https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/bikesandapump to support Blue Smile or https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/richardandmarkbikesandapump1 to support Ormiston
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues