Intrepid Amy begins latest leg of her marathon effort in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid runner Amy Hughes was in Ely on Friday morning to begin the latest leg of her bid to complete 53 marathons in 53 consecutive days.
Amy, 26, from Oswestry, in Shropshire, is aiming to raise thousands of pounds for the Isabelle Lottie Foundation – which raises awareness of brain tumours in children and young adults.
Amy began her challenge on August 6 in Chester and is scheduled to complete her 53rd and final marathon in Manchester on September 27.
Amy began her 24th marathon at Poets House, in St Mary’s Street, watched by dozens of well-wishers on Friday. The 25th marathon began in Cambridge the following day.
Amy said: “The aim of this project is to raise awareness and encourage people - especially the youths of today - to become more active and live a more healthy lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
“Through doing so I intend to raise as much money as possible for a very special and worthy charity - The Isabelle Lottie Foundation. This charity aims to raise awareness of early diagnosis of brain tumors within children and young adults.”
To find out more, or to donate, visit www.53marathons.co.uk
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 9 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose