Intrepid Amy begins latest leg of her marathon effort in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid runner Amy Hughes was in Ely on Friday morning to begin the latest leg of her bid to complete 53 marathons in 53 consecutive days.
Amy, 26, from Oswestry, in Shropshire, is aiming to raise thousands of pounds for the Isabelle Lottie Foundation – which raises awareness of brain tumours in children and young adults.
Amy began her challenge on August 6 in Chester and is scheduled to complete her 53rd and final marathon in Manchester on September 27.
Amy began her 24th marathon at Poets House, in St Mary’s Street, watched by dozens of well-wishers on Friday. The 25th marathon began in Cambridge the following day.
Amy said: “The aim of this project is to raise awareness and encourage people - especially the youths of today - to become more active and live a more healthy lifestyle.
“Through doing so I intend to raise as much money as possible for a very special and worthy charity - The Isabelle Lottie Foundation. This charity aims to raise awareness of early diagnosis of brain tumors within children and young adults.”
To find out more, or to donate, visit www.53marathons.co.uk
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’