King’s Ely scoop International School Award for ‘exemplary work with students overseas’
- Credit: Archant
An Ely school has received the British Council’s International School Award for its ‘exemplary’ work with students overseas.
The award was first given to King’s Ely in 2012 and lasts for three years. To apply for reaccreditation schools must prove that they are working to promote international learning and forming links with schools and organisations overseas.
In the feedback report to the school, an assessor from the International School Award said: “Your pupils are privileged to engage with internationally based lessons from an early age and this clearly gives them the confidence, as well as the skills, to use foreign languages in real collaborative contexts with their peers in your many partner schools.
“I have flagged your application as an example of good practice, as the language activities that you provide and the international school partnerships that you have created are exemplary.
“We hope that the scope of your excellent international activities will continue to develop and benefit the school community; your support, commitment, creativity and innovative international work is greatly appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
The International School Award is “a badge of honour” for schools that work in international education, such as establishing links with partner schools in different parts of the world.
A spokesman for King’s Ely said: “The globally recognised accreditation helps schools to enrich learning and improve teaching by guiding their international learning activities, from introducing international education into the curriculum to embedding it within a school’s culture.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut