International pianist Martin Roscoe to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
International pianist Martin Roscoe is to join Ely Sinfonia for a performance at Ely Cathedral later this month.
They will join forces to showcase Gershwin’s highly charged, jazz-based piano concerto as part of an all-American programme of 20th Century music.
Ely Sinfonia will also perform three other pieces: Leonard Bernstein’s Overture to Candide and Aaron Copland’s Appalachian Spring and Quiet City.
“We are delighted and excited to be performing with a soloist of such calibre,” said Steve Bingham, the orchestra’s artistic director.
The concert takes place on Saturday October 22.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £24, £18 or £12 (reserved) or £7.50 (unreserved) are available from https://tickets.elycathedral.org or by calling the box office on 01353 660349 or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment