Insure it – or it’s the crusher
ELY magistrates sent out a clear message to drivers this week - insure your car or have it seized and sent to the crusher. They issued the warning after a fork lift driver, working for Turners, admitted driving without insurance twice within a month. You
ELY magistrates sent out a clear message to drivers this week - insure your car or have it seized and sent to the crusher.
They issued the warning after a fork lift driver, working for Turners, admitted driving without insurance twice within a month.
"You pay scant regard to the law," presiding magistrate Hamish Ross told Anthony Robinson.
"This was not the first time you have been caught with no insurance, and within a month you were caught again. You cocked a snook at authority."
You may also want to watch:
The court was told that Robinson's P-registered Skoda Felicia was seized by police after he was found driving along the A142 Fordham road at Newmarket without insurance on January 19.
Robinson, 44, of Wood Green, Girton, admitted having no insurance, licence or MoT certificate on December 14 and January 19.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
He was fined a total of £500 with £84 costs and banned from driving for six months. The court heard he already owed more than £500 in outstanding fines.
"You have a car that may or may not be in police possession, you will forfeit that and it will be destroyed," added Mr Ross.
"The message is, this bench takes a dim view of people with no insurance and who blatantly flout the law.