Insure it – or it’s the crusher
ELY magistrates sent out a clear message to drivers this week - insure your car or have it seized and sent to the crusher. They issued the warning after a fork lift driver, working for Turners, admitted driving without insurance twice within a month. You
ELY magistrates sent out a clear message to drivers this week - insure your car or have it seized and sent to the crusher.
They issued the warning after a fork lift driver, working for Turners, admitted driving without insurance twice within a month.
"You pay scant regard to the law," presiding magistrate Hamish Ross told Anthony Robinson.
"This was not the first time you have been caught with no insurance, and within a month you were caught again. You cocked a snook at authority."
The court was told that Robinson's P-registered Skoda Felicia was seized by police after he was found driving along the A142 Fordham road at Newmarket without insurance on January 19.
Robinson, 44, of Wood Green, Girton, admitted having no insurance, licence or MoT certificate on December 14 and January 19.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
He was fined a total of £500 with £84 costs and banned from driving for six months. The court heard he already owed more than £500 in outstanding fines.
"You have a car that may or may not be in police possession, you will forfeit that and it will be destroyed," added Mr Ross.
"The message is, this bench takes a dim view of people with no insurance and who blatantly flout the law.