Inspirational Mepal Fund-raiser Debbie Smith Has Died
She was the founder of the Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds.
INSPIRATIONAL Mepal fundraiser Debbie Smith, lost her long battle with cancer this week.
Forty-four-year-old Debbie died at the Arthur Rank Hospice in Cambridge on Friday.
The Mepal resident was the founder of the popular Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
She decided to start the annual fundraising extravaganza in 2006 after she was turned down to take part in the Playtex London Moonwalk. Since the inaugural event, the event has helped to raise more than �10,000 for Breast Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
She is survived by husband Peter and her two children Jessica and Thomas.
A funeral service is being held at St Andrew’s Church in Sutton on November 12 at 11am followed by interment in the cemetery. Family flowers only but donations for Arthur Rank Hospice and Best Boob Forward may be sent to Ely Funeral Services on Tower Road.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car