Inspirational Mepal Fund-raiser Debbie Smith Has Died
She was the founder of the Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds.
INSPIRATIONAL Mepal fundraiser Debbie Smith, lost her long battle with cancer this week.
Forty-four-year-old Debbie died at the Arthur Rank Hospice in Cambridge on Friday.
The Mepal resident was the founder of the popular Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
She decided to start the annual fundraising extravaganza in 2006 after she was turned down to take part in the Playtex London Moonwalk. Since the inaugural event, the event has helped to raise more than �10,000 for Breast Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
She is survived by husband Peter and her two children Jessica and Thomas.
A funeral service is being held at St Andrew’s Church in Sutton on November 12 at 11am followed by interment in the cemetery. Family flowers only but donations for Arthur Rank Hospice and Best Boob Forward may be sent to Ely Funeral Services on Tower Road.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations