Inspirational Mepal Fund-raiser Debbie Smith Has Died
She was the founder of the Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds.
INSPIRATIONAL Mepal fundraiser Debbie Smith, lost her long battle with cancer this week.
Forty-four-year-old Debbie died at the Arthur Rank Hospice in Cambridge on Friday.
The Mepal resident was the founder of the popular Best Boob Forward charity walk held annually in Sutton and helped to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
She decided to start the annual fundraising extravaganza in 2006 after she was turned down to take part in the Playtex London Moonwalk. Since the inaugural event, the event has helped to raise more than �10,000 for Breast Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
She is survived by husband Peter and her two children Jessica and Thomas.
A funeral service is being held at St Andrew’s Church in Sutton on November 12 at 11am followed by interment in the cemetery. Family flowers only but donations for Arthur Rank Hospice and Best Boob Forward may be sent to Ely Funeral Services on Tower Road.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers