Inside Justice Week Kicks Off With �20,000 Cash Boost To Soham Youth Cafe
THE announcement that Soham Youth Caf� is to receive a �20,000 cash boost thanks to an initiative that sees criminals ill-gotten gains reinvested into the community, kick started Inside Justice Week (October 17-24), an annual campaign to open up the just
THE announcement that Soham Youth Caf� is to receive a �20,000 cash boost thanks to an initiative that sees criminals' ill-gotten gains reinvested into the community,
kick started Inside Justice Week (October 17-24), an annual campaign to open up the justice system to the public.
Inside Justice Week is a national initiative to speak directly to you. Whatever opinions you may hold about the work of the Criminal Justice System, you are invited to make them known and to expand your knowledge. During Inside Justice Week the public is also encouraged to meet some of the people who work to prevent crime, offer support for victims and witnesses, and facilitate some of the many programmes to assist offenders in returning to communities with a fresh perspective. Local Criminal Justice Boards hosted events across England and Wales this week.
Cambridgeshire Criminal Justice Board chair Tom Jefford announced that three youth projects and a scheme helping elderly residents to protect their homes against burglars will receive Community Cashback grants totalling �95,000.
Mr Jefford, who also heads Cambridgeshire Youth Support Services, said: "Stripping criminals of their assets is critical to the fight against crime. I'm delighted this money will be used to fund such worthwhile projects and believe this is a really positive way to celebrate Inside Justice Week."
Mr Jefford added: "Inside Justice Week offers an excellent opportunity to find out more about how the criminal justice system works in Cambridgeshire and what is being done to address the issues that matter most to local people."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech