Inside Justice Week Kicks Off With �20,000 Cash Boost To Soham Youth Cafe
THE announcement that Soham Youth Caf� is to receive a �20,000 cash boost thanks to an initiative that sees criminals ill-gotten gains reinvested into the community, kick started Inside Justice Week (October 17-24), an annual campaign to open up the just
THE announcement that Soham Youth Caf� is to receive a �20,000 cash boost thanks to an initiative that sees criminals' ill-gotten gains reinvested into the community,
kick started Inside Justice Week (October 17-24), an annual campaign to open up the justice system to the public.
Inside Justice Week is a national initiative to speak directly to you. Whatever opinions you may hold about the work of the Criminal Justice System, you are invited to make them known and to expand your knowledge. During Inside Justice Week the public is also encouraged to meet some of the people who work to prevent crime, offer support for victims and witnesses, and facilitate some of the many programmes to assist offenders in returning to communities with a fresh perspective. Local Criminal Justice Boards hosted events across England and Wales this week.
Cambridgeshire Criminal Justice Board chair Tom Jefford announced that three youth projects and a scheme helping elderly residents to protect their homes against burglars will receive Community Cashback grants totalling �95,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jefford, who also heads Cambridgeshire Youth Support Services, said: "Stripping criminals of their assets is critical to the fight against crime. I'm delighted this money will be used to fund such worthwhile projects and believe this is a really positive way to celebrate Inside Justice Week."
Mr Jefford added: "Inside Justice Week offers an excellent opportunity to find out more about how the criminal justice system works in Cambridgeshire and what is being done to address the issues that matter most to local people."
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely