Inquest into death of Littleport man opened by coroner
- Credit: Archant
AN inquest into the death of Christie Joe Couzens, who died in a collision near Littleport last week, has been opened by the coroner.
The 22-year-old, of Parsons Lane, Littleport, was riding his motorcycle along Branch Bank shortly before 6pm on May 25 when he was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two women from Burwell who were in the Volkswagen were treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for their injuries.
The coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire William Morris opened and adjourned an inquest into the 22-year-old’s death on Tuesday. The cause of death was listed as multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 people joined a group on social networking site Facebook in memory of Christie, with dozens also leaving flowers and cards at the scene of the accident.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening