Inner Wheel Ladies Play Around With Words
THE third annual District Inner Wheel Scrabble tournament took place at Ely Sailing Club on June 10. The 25 players were welcomed with a cup of coffee and then three games of Scrabble were played before lunch. Tables were cleared of boards, tiles and rack
THE third annual District Inner Wheel Scrabble tournament took place at Ely Sailing Club on June 10. The 25 players were welcomed with a cup of coffee and then three games of Scrabble were played before lunch. Tables were cleared of boards, tiles and racks and lunch was eaten. Then three more games were played. The prize-giving and raffle followed.
There were two sections for prizes, one for the Inner Wheel ladies and the other for friends and supporters.
Rita Hughes from Sutton won five games and was awarded the Visitors first prize and Pat Frost from march won the visitors' gross score prize.
District 8 Chairman, Ann Hookham, then presented the Scrabble Paddle Trophy to last year's winner, Carole Gunthorpe of the Ely Club, who had three winning games. Dilys Ling from North Walsham won the highest gross score prize.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for the highest game score went to Jill Sallis of the Ely Club. sport prizes were won by Dilys Ling and Rita Hughes. The lowest gross score prize went to Ann Hookham from the Cambridge Club.
The profit of £208 will be forwarded to CARE (Cambridge arthritis Research endeavour) district chairman Ann Hookham's charity for the year.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
Pic cap: from left are: Dilys Ling, Ann Hookham, Carole Gunthorpe, Jill Sallis and Rita Hughes.