New president is named for Inner Wheel club in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Inner Wheel in Ely has welcomed a new president at its annual meeting.
President Joy Hockey handed the chain of office to the new president Julia Smith.
Her charity for her year is Maggie’s Centres. This is a cancer support charity for sufferers and families.
A nearly full house attended the annual meeting of the Inner Wheel where officers gave their annual reports and agreed it had been a successful and enjoyable year raising a substantial sum for charities.
After the business meeting was concluded, refreshments were provided by the new president.
You may also want to watch:
• The next meeting is July 25 which is known as president’s evening. The Inner Wheel Club of Ely formed in 1948 and is linked to the Rotary Club of Ely. The club usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month, excluding August, at the Old Dispensary, St Mary’s Street, Ely starting at 7.30pm. New members welcome.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'