New president is named for Inner Wheel club in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Inner Wheel in Ely has welcomed a new president at its annual meeting.
President Joy Hockey handed the chain of office to the new president Julia Smith.
Her charity for her year is Maggie’s Centres. This is a cancer support charity for sufferers and families.
A nearly full house attended the annual meeting of the Inner Wheel where officers gave their annual reports and agreed it had been a successful and enjoyable year raising a substantial sum for charities.
After the business meeting was concluded, refreshments were provided by the new president.
You may also want to watch:
• The next meeting is July 25 which is known as president’s evening. The Inner Wheel Club of Ely formed in 1948 and is linked to the Rotary Club of Ely. The club usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month, excluding August, at the Old Dispensary, St Mary’s Street, Ely starting at 7.30pm. New members welcome.
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute