Inner Wheel Club Hand Over Cheque For Help For Heroes
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.Mar
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
Marianne delivered a powerful but simple message about the charity and Inner Wheel members presented Marianne with the proceeds of a Family and Friends lunch which amounted to just over �350. Members were also able to purchase items to provide a little extra money for this charity.
The next event being organised by the members is a coffee morning on October 17 at the Old Dispensary, St Mary's Street, Ely, between 10am - midday. Everyone is invited for a drink and a cake to help raise more money for Help for Heroes and other local charities supported by the Inner Wheel.
Pic cap: Inner Wheel of Ely president Betty Flack, right, handing the cheque to Marianne West, a founder member of Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits