Inner Wheel Club Hand Over Cheque For Help For Heroes
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.Mar
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
Marianne delivered a powerful but simple message about the charity and Inner Wheel members presented Marianne with the proceeds of a Family and Friends lunch which amounted to just over �350. Members were also able to purchase items to provide a little extra money for this charity.
The next event being organised by the members is a coffee morning on October 17 at the Old Dispensary, St Mary's Street, Ely, between 10am - midday. Everyone is invited for a drink and a cake to help raise more money for Help for Heroes and other local charities supported by the Inner Wheel.
Pic cap: Inner Wheel of Ely president Betty Flack, right, handing the cheque to Marianne West, a founder member of Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 4 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays