Inner Wheel Club Hand Over Cheque For Help For Heroes
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.Mar
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
Marianne delivered a powerful but simple message about the charity and Inner Wheel members presented Marianne with the proceeds of a Family and Friends lunch which amounted to just over �350. Members were also able to purchase items to provide a little extra money for this charity.
The next event being organised by the members is a coffee morning on October 17 at the Old Dispensary, St Mary's Street, Ely, between 10am - midday. Everyone is invited for a drink and a cake to help raise more money for Help for Heroes and other local charities supported by the Inner Wheel.
Pic cap: Inner Wheel of Ely president Betty Flack, right, handing the cheque to Marianne West, a founder member of Help for Heroes.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 9 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 10 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour