Inner Wheel Club Hand Over Cheque For Help For Heroes
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.Mar
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely welcomed Marianne West, a volunteer for Help for Heroes to its September meeting. This charity was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 to help the wounded servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
Marianne delivered a powerful but simple message about the charity and Inner Wheel members presented Marianne with the proceeds of a Family and Friends lunch which amounted to just over �350. Members were also able to purchase items to provide a little extra money for this charity.
The next event being organised by the members is a coffee morning on October 17 at the Old Dispensary, St Mary's Street, Ely, between 10am - midday. Everyone is invited for a drink and a cake to help raise more money for Help for Heroes and other local charities supported by the Inner Wheel.
Pic cap: Inner Wheel of Ely president Betty Flack, right, handing the cheque to Marianne West, a founder member of Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease