Industrial kiln causes shed to go up in flames

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a fire on an industrial estate in Soham on Monday.

A crew was called at 5.30pm to Townsend after an industrial kiln caused a fire inside a shed.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and small gear. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.”

Crews returned to their station by 6.20pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter