Industrial kiln causes shed to go up in flames

PUBLISHED: 09:55 01 July 2014 | UPDATED: 09:55 01 July 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a fire on an industrial estate in Soham on Monday.

A crew was called at 5.30pm to Townsend after an industrial kiln caused a fire inside a shed.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and small gear. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.”

Crews returned to their station by 6.20pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard