Improvements being made to make Ely railway station ‘more modern, welcoming and hygienic’
- Credit: Archant
Passengers using Ely rail station are to benefit from improved facilities, thanks to improvement works being carried out by Abellio Greater Anglia.
Work has started to refurbish the waiting room on platform one with new energy-efficient heating, flooring, seating and redecoration.
The waiting area will also offer passengers the opportunity to charge laptops and mobile phones and work while they wait with plug sockets, tables and comfortable seating.
The existing male and female toilet facilities are also being upgraded to create a more modern, welcoming and hygienic environment for customers using the station and are expected to be completed over the next few weeks.
Abellio Greater Anglia has apologised that the toilet facilities will be out of use while this work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Stannard, area customer services manager, said: “The new facilities will benefit passengers using the station, creating a more welcoming and pleasant environment for customers as they wait for trains.
“We hope customers will bear with us while these improvement works are carried out and we are working to minimise any inconvenience.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car