Improved A-level results at King’s Ely, with rise in top A* grades achieved by students
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely is celebrating improved A-level results, with 68 per cent of grades achieved A* to B.
One out of five grades were A*, a six per cent increase on last year, and 44 per cent of A2 grades achieved were A* or A.
Eighty-eight per cent of grades achieved were A*-C, 99 per cent A*-E.
More than one in five of students (22 per cent) achieved all A*-A grades, 40 per cent achieved all A*-B grades and 74 per cent achieved all A*-C grades.
Eleven students achieved three passes each at A or A* whilst Adam Hatoum, Alexander Piggott, Run Li and Christina Dong all achieved 3 A* grades and Hang Song and Zoe Zhang achieved 4 A* grades.
Adam and Alexander, as well as Madeleine Pinto and Yuki Kimura, all achieved the necessary grades to take up their Oxbridge offers.
They will be joined by George Ryan and Anna-Rose Harris who are taking up their places at Oxbridge following gap years.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
Jane Thomas, vice principal, said: “We are very proud of the achievements of all of our A Level students.
“Their results are testament to the hard work and application they have shown as well as the dedication of their teachers. We wish them every success for the future as they venture out into the world beyond school.”
Sue Freestone, principal, said: “These results are really pleasing. With changing goal posts, year on year, it is wonderful to see this trend of improvement continue.
My thanks to our students, teachers and parents for the years of commitment that lie behind today’s achievements.”