Improved A-level results at King’s Ely, with rise in top A* grades achieved by students
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely is celebrating improved A-level results, with 68 per cent of grades achieved A* to B.
One out of five grades were A*, a six per cent increase on last year, and 44 per cent of A2 grades achieved were A* or A.
Eighty-eight per cent of grades achieved were A*-C, 99 per cent A*-E.
More than one in five of students (22 per cent) achieved all A*-A grades, 40 per cent achieved all A*-B grades and 74 per cent achieved all A*-C grades.
Eleven students achieved three passes each at A or A* whilst Adam Hatoum, Alexander Piggott, Run Li and Christina Dong all achieved 3 A* grades and Hang Song and Zoe Zhang achieved 4 A* grades.
You may also want to watch:
Adam and Alexander, as well as Madeleine Pinto and Yuki Kimura, all achieved the necessary grades to take up their Oxbridge offers.
They will be joined by George Ryan and Anna-Rose Harris who are taking up their places at Oxbridge following gap years.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Jane Thomas, vice principal, said: “We are very proud of the achievements of all of our A Level students.
“Their results are testament to the hard work and application they have shown as well as the dedication of their teachers. We wish them every success for the future as they venture out into the world beyond school.”
Sue Freestone, principal, said: “These results are really pleasing. With changing goal posts, year on year, it is wonderful to see this trend of improvement continue.
My thanks to our students, teachers and parents for the years of commitment that lie behind today’s achievements.”