Improved A-level results at King’s Ely, with rise in top A* grades achieved by students
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely is celebrating improved A-level results, with 68 per cent of grades achieved A* to B.
One out of five grades were A*, a six per cent increase on last year, and 44 per cent of A2 grades achieved were A* or A.
Eighty-eight per cent of grades achieved were A*-C, 99 per cent A*-E.
More than one in five of students (22 per cent) achieved all A*-A grades, 40 per cent achieved all A*-B grades and 74 per cent achieved all A*-C grades.
Eleven students achieved three passes each at A or A* whilst Adam Hatoum, Alexander Piggott, Run Li and Christina Dong all achieved 3 A* grades and Hang Song and Zoe Zhang achieved 4 A* grades.
Adam and Alexander, as well as Madeleine Pinto and Yuki Kimura, all achieved the necessary grades to take up their Oxbridge offers.
They will be joined by George Ryan and Anna-Rose Harris who are taking up their places at Oxbridge following gap years.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Jane Thomas, vice principal, said: “We are very proud of the achievements of all of our A Level students.
“Their results are testament to the hard work and application they have shown as well as the dedication of their teachers. We wish them every success for the future as they venture out into the world beyond school.”
Sue Freestone, principal, said: “These results are really pleasing. With changing goal posts, year on year, it is wonderful to see this trend of improvement continue.
My thanks to our students, teachers and parents for the years of commitment that lie behind today’s achievements.”