Importing olive oil from Spain is a new business for a busy mum
BUSY mum and nurse Sole Garcia has started a new business, importing extra virgin olive oil from her native Spain.
She already has 500 litres of the quality oil delivered every month, and her operation is expanding all the time.
Sole, 31, said: “I represent a family business in Spain; where olives are grown in perfect conditions in La Sierra de Cadiz. The oil is really unique, because the olives are grown in perfect weather.”
Sole set up her business El Olivo Verde earlier this year; and operates from her home in Sutton.
She left Spain and came to the UK back in 2002, to work as a scrub nurse at Papworth Hospital; but 16 months ago she and husband Braam had their first child, John.
You may also want to watch:
Sole said: “When I was pregnant I started to think about starting my own business; and the first oil I imported was just sold to colleagues and my local butchers’ shop.
“I have since grown the business considerably. I have really enjoyed this new experience. I now have the right to have my own label on some of the bottles of oil, which is very exciting.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
“People who buy the oil really love it, and are pleased to obtain such high quality oil at a reasonable price.
“The oil is greenish-yellow in colour, with a fresh and fruity bouquet; and is ideal for salads and high quality cuisine.”
Sole added: “I still work at the Nuffield Hospital in Cambridge a couple of days a week as a recovery nurse in the operating theatre, so life is sometimes very hectic, but I am having a great time.”
Sole is proud to have local customers including the Anchor Inn at Sutton, Needham’s Restaurant in Witchford, the Boathouse at Ely and the Twenty Pence Garden Centre at Wilburton.
She is even in talks with the prestigious London store Fortnum and Mason; they are due to taste some of her oil early next year.
“I am really pleased they are showing an interest in my product, which I never expected,” added Sole.
The oil comes in a variety of sizes from half a litre bottles to cans containing five litres; Sole is happy to sell one bottle to an individual, or sell larger quantities to business customers.
For more information contact Sole on 07722421026 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.