Man arrested and police seize illegal cigarettes and alcohol at Soham property
- Credit: East Cambs Police on Facebook
Officers searched a property in Soham where illegal cigarettes and alcohol were being sold.
It was also being used to brew and sell alcohol.
The officers carried out a warrant at the property in Gunton’s Close in Soham yesterday (July 27).
A post from the East Cambs Police Facebook page said: “On searching the address it is clear that they have been using their property to sell illegal alcohol and cigarettes and also brewing and selling their own alcohol.
“This is not only illegal but also dangerous.”
You may also want to watch:
A 38-year-old man from Soham was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods, money laundering, fraudulent evasion of import duty and possession of class A drugs. He has since been released under investigation.
“We are working closely with Trading Standards and HM Revenue and Customs,” the post said.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’