Iconic Pink Floyd Designer Exhibiting His Work In Ely
THE man responsible for the iconic design of Pink Floyd s album artwork is exhibiting his work at Ely s Babylon Gallery. Storm Thorgerson s collaboration with one of the world s most successful rock bands is celebrated in Mind Over Matter, an exhibition
THE man responsible for the iconic design of Pink Floyd's album artwork is exhibiting his work at Ely's Babylon Gallery.
Storm Thorgerson's collaboration with one of the world's most successful rock bands is celebrated in Mind Over Matter, an exhibition of work that spans 40 years.
Caroline Cawley, marketing manager for ADeC, which runs the gallery, is thrilled to be exhibiting such iconic work.
She said: "The launch was a fantastic success and we feel so fortunate to have the exhibit here. We have already had a fantastic response; 250 people came to the launch and more than 400 people visited in the opening weekend."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibit includes three versions of the Division Bell artwork, which features Ely Cathedral, as well other Pink Floyd imagery, including The Dark Side of the Moon (the prism refracting the spectrum), Animals (the pig over Battersea power station) and Wish You Were Here (the burning man).
Caroline added: "Mind over Matter provides a visual history of one of Britain's best loved rock bands.
- 1 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 2 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
"All prints are for sale at a range of prices from �100 to �800 and are signed by the artist; a few are limited but most are open edition."
Pink Floyd, who are from Cambridge, have sold more than 200 million records worldwide, The Dark Side Of The Moon is the longest chart record ever and The Wall is the biggest selling double album.
INFO: The exhibition runs until Sunday, July 19. The Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely, is open Tuesday to Sunday, 12pm to 4pm. Entry is free.
Pic cap: Volunteer Allison Morris with Digby Chacksfield and Caroline Cawley from ADeC.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE