Iain is back at the helm after 20 years service with Soham Rotary Club
ALMOST 20 years after first putting on the president’s regalia, Iain Sutherland of Hasse Road, Soham, is again at the helm of Soham Rotary Club.
President Iain was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Geoff Fisher at a barbecue for club members and their partners.
Iain’s says he sees the challenge of the year ahead to be to continue to develop Soham Rotary Club as a recognised charity organisation within the local community that can lead, assist or support both local and broader based initiatives and deliver real tangible benefits.
To do so the club membership will need to be active, engaged and deliver their commitment to service. They will also look for support from the local community.
This year the theme for all Rotarians worldwide is Peace Through Service. Whether this relates to a lack of violence or inner peace as an individual makes little difference if at the end of some positive service we create a more peaceful way of life and hopefully generate a bit of fun doing so.
You may also want to watch:
The club is already planning the annual charity collection under the Christmas tree in December as well as the annual charter night dinner and the popular ale and music festival.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea