Iain is back at the helm after 20 years service with Soham Rotary Club
ALMOST 20 years after first putting on the president’s regalia, Iain Sutherland of Hasse Road, Soham, is again at the helm of Soham Rotary Club.
President Iain was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Geoff Fisher at a barbecue for club members and their partners.
Iain’s says he sees the challenge of the year ahead to be to continue to develop Soham Rotary Club as a recognised charity organisation within the local community that can lead, assist or support both local and broader based initiatives and deliver real tangible benefits.
To do so the club membership will need to be active, engaged and deliver their commitment to service. They will also look for support from the local community.
This year the theme for all Rotarians worldwide is Peace Through Service. Whether this relates to a lack of violence or inner peace as an individual makes little difference if at the end of some positive service we create a more peaceful way of life and hopefully generate a bit of fun doing so.
You may also want to watch:
The club is already planning the annual charity collection under the Christmas tree in December as well as the annual charter night dinner and the popular ale and music festival.
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack