Iain is back at the helm after 20 years service with Soham Rotary Club
ALMOST 20 years after first putting on the president’s regalia, Iain Sutherland of Hasse Road, Soham, is again at the helm of Soham Rotary Club.
President Iain was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Geoff Fisher at a barbecue for club members and their partners.
Iain’s says he sees the challenge of the year ahead to be to continue to develop Soham Rotary Club as a recognised charity organisation within the local community that can lead, assist or support both local and broader based initiatives and deliver real tangible benefits.
To do so the club membership will need to be active, engaged and deliver their commitment to service. They will also look for support from the local community.
This year the theme for all Rotarians worldwide is Peace Through Service. Whether this relates to a lack of violence or inner peace as an individual makes little difference if at the end of some positive service we create a more peaceful way of life and hopefully generate a bit of fun doing so.
You may also want to watch:
The club is already planning the annual charity collection under the Christmas tree in December as well as the annual charter night dinner and the popular ale and music festival.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 5 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 9 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout