‘I love you like roses and butterflies’ – Benjamin one of 1,800 children across East Cambs to say happy Mother’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Mums up and down the country will be praised for all their love and hard work this weekend for Mother’s Day.
To celebrate, pupils at 14 schools across East Cambridgeshire sent us their messages to thank their mums and tell them how wonderful they are.
All 1,800 messages appeared in a special supplement in the latest edition of the Ely Standard, published yesterday (March 12).
The children tell us why their mum is the best in the world, what they love most about their mum and wish them a wonderful day.
An example of the messages is this one from Benjamin Saunders, a pupil at Southery Primary School:
You may also want to watch:
“Victoria – I love you like roses and butterflies. Love from Benjamin.”
Schools featured in our supplement include:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
• Kennett Primary School
• Kettlefields Primary School, Dullingham
• Little Thetford Primary School
• Mepal & Witcham Primary School
• Millfield Primary School, Littleport
• Robert Arkenstall Primary School, Haddenham
• St Andrew’s Primary School, Soham
• Southery Primary School
• Stretham Primary School
• Sutton Primary School
• Ten Mile Bank Primary School
• Rackham Primary School, Witchford
• The Shade Primary School, Soham
• The Weatheralls Primary School, Soham
To read the messages, make sure you grab your copy of the Ely Standard. Alternatively, sign up for our e-edition by clicking the link at the top of this page.