Hundreds visit Ely Cathedral for King’s Ely’s annual Service of Readings and Carols
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people visited Ely Cathedral for King’s Ely’s annual Service of Readings and Carols.
The service begun with Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir singing The Holly and The Ivy, in a new arrangement by director Sarah McDonald.
The Chapel Choir, King’s Barbers and Edmund Aldhouse, Ely Cathedral’s assistant organist, also performed.
Carols included Once in Royal David’s City, O Come All Ye Faithful and Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
There were also prayers and readings, ending with The Word Made Flesh, read by principal Sue Freestone.
King’s Ely Junior also hosted its own Christmas concert and Acremont held a carol service.
Throughout the month the school held a sponsored Santa Run and Christmas fair, Christmas jumper days, a Winter Wonderland and Christmas parties.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Money raised from the events will go towards a number of charities that were chosen by pupils.