Hundreds turn out to support annual Crowning Around fun day
- Credit: Archant
Around 1,000 people descended on Littleport on Saturday for the return of the Crowning Around fun day.
The event, hosted at the Crown Inn pub, saw an array of vintage and bespoke motorcycles on display from the 363 Motor Cycle Club, in Main Street.
Alongside the display, there was plenty of live music from local favourites Phil Crawford, Dead Horse, Blue Thunder and VT11 and more besides, including trade stands, a bouncy castle, face painting, hog roast, raffle and plenty of refreshments.
A highlight was the flypast by an RAF Lancaster bomber.
All money raised at this year’s event will be split between Highfield School in Ely, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and Scoliosis UK.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Marks, of the Crown, said: “It was absolutely brilliant there must have been around 1,000 people. The weather was good and I think the roads being closed probably helped. So far we have raised £3,000 and counting. We are looking forward to next year now and we hope to make it even better.”
Supporting Crowning Around were Sharmans Garden Centre, Crown Garage, Langford’s Hog Roast, Cambs ACRE, Ant’s Driving School, Big Cat Audio, Cre8tive Faces and Littleport Steakhouse.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment