Hundreds stop by to admire skill of woodturners at Ely exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners is hosting its annual exhibition at the Cathedral Centre in Ely.
Since the exhibition opened on Saturday, hundreds of visitors have dropped into the centre, in Palace Green, to admire some examples of members’ work which ranges from lacquered bowls, to inlaid plates and turned vases.
Many of the items on display are also for sale, with dozens of items being sold over the course of the 10-day exhibition. The event comes to an end on Monday.
Members will be on-hand throughout to offer advice about the guild while there were live open-air demonstrations for members of the public to enjoy.
Guild chairman, Christine Robinson said: “We had a lot of people come through the doors at the weekend but there has also been a good number in the week as well, which is nice to see.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the guild, visit www.elysuildofwoodturners.co.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues