Hundreds stop by to admire skill of woodturners at Ely exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners is hosting its annual exhibition at the Cathedral Centre in Ely.
Since the exhibition opened on Saturday, hundreds of visitors have dropped into the centre, in Palace Green, to admire some examples of members’ work which ranges from lacquered bowls, to inlaid plates and turned vases.
Many of the items on display are also for sale, with dozens of items being sold over the course of the 10-day exhibition. The event comes to an end on Monday.
Members will be on-hand throughout to offer advice about the guild while there were live open-air demonstrations for members of the public to enjoy.
Guild chairman, Christine Robinson said: “We had a lot of people come through the doors at the weekend but there has also been a good number in the week as well, which is nice to see.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the guild, visit www.elysuildofwoodturners.co.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire