Hundreds of pounds raised to help fund school choir’s competition bid
- Credit: Archant
A table-top sale helped raise more than £600 to fund a school choir.
The sale was held at St Mary’s Primary School on Saturday and saw dozens of people turn out to sample the wares on offer.
The event was held to raise funds for send the school’s choir to London to take part in the finals of a national competition.
A group of 41 talented young singers from the school will be accompanied by choir director Hazel Law as they take to the stage at the Barbican, in London, as part of a competition run by Barnardo’s. Pupils will pit their talents against representatives from 18 choirs from across the UK.
To earn their place, the St Mary’s choir had to send in a CD of its finest work to organisers.
The winner of the competition will get the chance to perform at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021