Hundreds of pounds raised to help fund school choir’s competition bid
- Credit: Archant
A table-top sale helped raise more than £600 to fund a school choir.
The sale was held at St Mary’s Primary School on Saturday and saw dozens of people turn out to sample the wares on offer.
The event was held to raise funds for send the school’s choir to London to take part in the finals of a national competition.
A group of 41 talented young singers from the school will be accompanied by choir director Hazel Law as they take to the stage at the Barbican, in London, as part of a competition run by Barnardo’s. Pupils will pit their talents against representatives from 18 choirs from across the UK.
To earn their place, the St Mary’s choir had to send in a CD of its finest work to organisers.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the competition will get the chance to perform at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 8 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'