Hundreds of pounds raised to help fund school choir’s competition bid
- Credit: Archant
A table-top sale helped raise more than £600 to fund a school choir.
The sale was held at St Mary’s Primary School on Saturday and saw dozens of people turn out to sample the wares on offer.
The event was held to raise funds for send the school’s choir to London to take part in the finals of a national competition.
A group of 41 talented young singers from the school will be accompanied by choir director Hazel Law as they take to the stage at the Barbican, in London, as part of a competition run by Barnardo’s. Pupils will pit their talents against representatives from 18 choirs from across the UK.
To earn their place, the St Mary’s choir had to send in a CD of its finest work to organisers.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the competition will get the chance to perform at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'