Hundreds of people Spoilt Rotten during debut festival in Haddenham
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham-based bead specialists Spoilt Rotten Beads held their first festival at the weekend, welcoming hundreds of people to enjoy the Saturday sunshine, workshops and lots of games for charity.
The debut of the festival, which the shop hopes will become a yearly event, raised £82 for Haddenham First Responders through competitions and games including lucky straws, piñatas and a prize for the funkiest pair of wellies worn.
“It was really brilliant,” said Juliet Browse, owner and founder of Spoilt Rotten Beads.
“We had more than 100 people come through the door on the day; some who had driven for up to two hours to get to us.
“We wanted to hold a festival because it’s something a little bit different.
“The customers had so much fun – there was a constant stream of people coming through.”
On the day, the shop gave out prizes including a henna tattoo, bottle of Pimms, a box of chocolate and a £25 gift card.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Among the day’s activities were a vintage Spoilt Rotten Beads campervan, bedouin tent with free drop-in workshops, Mardi Gras brick stitch bracelet workshop with Dizzy Di and micro macrame wraps workshop with Jo Barclay Loggie.
“We think it will become an annual event,” added Mrs Browse.
“Spoilt Rotten Beads has been in business for over 10 years and we are one of the UK’s favourite bead stores. We ship across the whole world and have won ‘best bead store’ twice in a national competition.”
For more information about Spoilt Rotten Beads visit www.spoiltrottenbeads.co.uk