Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- Credit: Supplied
Hundreds have shared an appeal in the space of 24 hours to help two dog owners retrieve their beloved pet.
Bonnie, known to owners Sam and Flo as Ziggy, went missing at around 8am on Tuesday, February 23 after slipping her lead near the railway tracks near Ely Country Park.
Since an appeal was launched on social media, it has been shared hundreds of times in a bid to help find the seven-month-old rescue dog, which was collected from her foster home by Sam and Flo on February 20.
They said: “We’ve not had any sightings of her, but we think she might have been heading somewhere throughout the day because she is so nervous.”
Sam and Flo also warned anyone that may see Ziggy, who they say has similarities to a border collie, not to approach her straight away.
The pair added: “It might not be until she gets hungry that she might appear. She is really nervous, so if anyone sees her, don’t approach her; just let us know and we can start a search party.
“If someone sees her, she might get scared if you try to grab her.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
“We are really grateful for hundreds of people sharing the post because it’s a useful way of people being able to find her and letting us know, so every share is important.”
If you see any sightings of Ziggy, contact Flo on 07815 969914 or Sam on 07904 374502.